Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WAITING CHAIN


Helping little ones see how soon CHRISTMAS will be here.  Find a clipart picture for the children to color.  I like Carson-Dellosa Clipart.  Glue the picture onto a red cutout bell.  Have the child write his name beneath the clipart picture.  The adult makes a slit beneath the child's name.  At the bottom of the bell write: Have a Merry Christmas! DATE.  On the back of the bell  glue a typed poem.
WAITING CHAIN

Each night before Christmas
After prayers have been said,
Take off one loop
Then hop into bed.


When Christmas will come
It's easy to tell,
For that is the night 
You come to the BELL.

Have the child make a paper chain with red and green construction paper strips.  Glue the strips together to make a chain the length needed for the Christmas Countdown.  Have the child place the bell chain near his bed.
OTHER POETRY:
How many days til Christmas?
It's mighty hard to tell
Take a link off every night
When the Sandman casts his spell
And Christmas Eve will be here
By the time you reach the bell.

My Christmas Chain
Christmas Day will soon be here,
And I can hardly wait.
I've made this little Christmas Chain
To help me celebrate.
Every day I'll slip one loop from it
To help me to remember
That happy, happy Christmas Day
Is the twenty-fifth of December.
Please help me hang my chain up hgih
I'll cut one loop each day.
And when we reach the golden loop
It will be Christams Day.