Thursday, April 22, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY TEA

This project can be done with younger students by using the copy of the card that has the verse written for the child. All the child needs to do is sign his or her name beneath the verse. OR you can take up to the intermediate level and have the students copy the verse from the board, using best penmanship. I used this opportunity to have my 3rd graders practice their cursive writing.
No matter which level you choose to do this project all students need to draw a picture on the front of the card. I chose to use "guided drawing technique" and had the students follow my sketching as I did it on the board. We drew a tree on the left with flowers beneath, a sun at the right top with clouds beneath the sun, and a detailed picture of MOM with the student standing next to her.


No comments: