Tuesday, November 24, 2009

ADVENT PRAYER CHAIN

Finding ways to encourage children to put "Faith Thoughts" in their minds during the day has just become easy. Try using this ADVENT PRAYER CHAIN.
Type the list below.  Make sure each sentence has its own line.  Copy the sheet on pink or purple paper-enough for each child to have a set.  Have the students cut the prayer strips.  The students can paste, glue, or staple each strip inside a previous strip.  At the end each day, the students take a strip from their chain and focus on that thought.  You can send this project home for students to do with parents or make a larger one to be used in class.


Jesus, I offer you everything I do today.
God, may I give glory to you by the way I live my life.
Jesus, help me to live in faith, hope, and love throughout the year.
Father, help me to remember that you love me with an unending love.
Jesus, help me to stand up for the rights of others.
Jesus, teach me to help others, as did St. Nicholas.
Lord, help me to live as a person of hope.
Father, I pray for all those who are sick.
Spirit of God, be with me in all that I do.
Lord Jesus, may I see you in all the people I meet.
Jesus, help me to care about others during Advent.
God, help me to get ready in my heart to celebrate Christmas.
Lord, help me to live in peace with others.
Lord, may I be a joyful person during Advent.
Father, I pray today for all those who are hungry in our world.
God, help me to open my heart and my life to people in need.
God, help me to say yes in my life as Mary did in hers.
Father, thank you for the gift of Christmas.
Holy Spirit, fill my heart with love for others.
Lord, forgive me for the times I have hurt you and others.
Father, help me have faith in your goodness and love.
Dear Lord, help me to live as a person of your light.
Father, may I see Advent as a time of new beginning.
Father, help me to share your love with others.