Tuesday, August 31, 2010

ALL ABOUT ME













I can't think of an easier writing assignment.  The guidelines are at the top of the page in question format. The students just need to answer the questions using complete sentences.  The questions also lend themselves to make it easier to capitalize and punctuate.  Tell the students that for each answer, they need to start with a capital letter and end with punctuation.  I encouraged the students to add a bit more: grade they were in, hobby, pets, sports, favorite subject...  We did a little brainstorm session before we began writing, so the extra ideas were on  the board, to help them.  A nice ending sentence could be:  One other thing I think you should know about me is _______________________.  I always had my students start a writing project with a Sloppy Copy.  Have the students bring their first effort to the teacher to be checked for spelling, capitalization, punctuation, idea...  On the Final Copy the students should be very aware of neat writing.  This project makes a great Class Book.  Remember to put in the Journal/Memory Book at the end of the year.

No comments: